With the implementation of the mandatory health insurance Law in Dubai (Law No. 11 of 2013 concerning Health Insurance in the Emirate of Dubai) all members who hold a valid residence permit issued by Dubai need to have health insurance coverage throughout the period of residency.
Since we are now in the final phase of implementation, all individuals sponsoring domestic helpers need to ensure they provide health insurance coverage to their staff before the 30th of June 2016. Sponsors failing to source insurance cover will be penalized with a fine of AED 500 per employee for every month of delay. However, the imposition of fines for domestic helpers will be delayed until beginning of next year.
Cover your domestic helpers
A domestic helper is an individual who works within the employers’ household. Domestic helpers include drivers, housekeepers’ maids and nannies.
As DHA’s participating insurer, AXA is proud to provide you with our “Essential Benefits Plan”, a quality health insurance cover for all your domestic helpers at an affordable price of less than AED 2 per day.
- This plan is approved by the Dubai Health Authority
- The cover includes In-patient and Out-patient treatments on Direct billing
- The plan covers your employees in the whole Emirate of Dubai and within UAE where direct billing facility is provided, and all around the UAE for emergency treatment
- Access to multilingual support (Arabic, English, Urdu, Hindi ,Tagalog and Bengali)
- Supported by our skilled medical platform, 24/7, all year round.
For more information, please contact our call center on 800 AXA (292).
*By the end of June 2016 as per Law No. 11 of 2013 concerning Health Insurance in the Emirate of Dubai. Terms and conditions apply.